Giants vs Royals Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/9

Giants vs Royals Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/9

© John Hefti-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Royals vs Giants

The Kansas City Royals will face off against the San Francisco Giants on April 9, 2023. As MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks have predicted, the Giants are favored to win with a 68.0% chance of winning over the Royals' 32.0%. MLB picks and parlay and MLB expert picks today all seem to favor a Giants win. The best MLB bets today show the Giants with a -165 money line compared to the Royals' +140. With an over/under of 8.5, the general consensus pick is expected to be in favor of the Giants. Both teams have had a shaky start to the season, with the Royals holding a 2-6 record and the Giants with a slightly better 3-4 record. However, the Giants' offense seems to be stronger with a ranking of 13th in batting average, while the Royals are struggling with a 30th rank in the same category. The game will take place at Oracle Park, with the Giants having the home advantage. Although anything can happen in baseball, the Giants are expected to come out on top according to MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today.

 

Royals: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to pitching, the Kansas City Royals have had their share of struggles in recent years. However, the team has made some significant improvements and acquisitions that could make a difference in the upcoming season. MLB experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have the Royals making some positive strides in their pitching performance, especially with the addition of players like Kris Bubic and Carlos Hernandez. Both pitchers have demonstrated their potential to become valuable assets to the team's rotation. MLB picks and parlay, along with MLB experts picks, favor the Royals' chances of improving their season with the addition of these pitchers. Experts believe that Brad Keller, Brady Singer, and Bubic could be the key to the team's success this year. In terms of betting, the best MLB bets today for the Royals can be found in the pitchers' performances. The team's pitchers have shown tremendous improvement in their overall value and performance, making them a solid bet. However, it's important to keep an eye on the Royals' bullpen, which has struggled in past years. All in all, the Royals have shown significant potential in their pitching, making them a strong contender for the upcoming season. With the MLB picks and predictions in their favor, betters and fans alike are confident that the team can

Royals: Hitting Analysis

As the Royals embark on their 2023 season, MLB picks experts and computer models alike are analyzing their offensive capabilities. The team finished the 2022 season with a disappointing 2-6 record, but they hope to turn things around with a revamped lineup. One of their key offensive weapons is catcher Salvador Perez, who hit 1 home run and had a .259 batting average in the early stages of the season. Another standout player is Thairo Estrada, who boasts a phenomenal .400 batting average and .560 slugging percentage at second base. Experts predict that the Royals will utilize a mix of power hitting and small ball tactics to takedown their opponents. They have already hit 8 home runs in their first 8 games, showing that they have the potential to be an offensive force. MLB today experts have also noted the Royals' ability to capitalize on runners in scoring position, with an impressive 2.88 runs batted in per game. This is coupled with their ability to draw walks and hit for extra bases, giving them a multi-dimensional offensive approach. While the Royals face an uphill battle this season, experts predict that their strong hitting capabilities will keep them competitive in every game. As the season progresses, MLB picks and parlay experts will be closely monitoring the team's offensive prowess

 

Giants: Pitching Analysis

Experts and computer predictions have been favoring the San Francisco Giants in their upcoming game against the Kansas City Royals. The Giants have a slight edge with an estimated win probability of 68%, while the Royals have a 32% chance of winning the game. The starting pitchers for this game are Kris Bubic for the Royals and Anthony DeSclafani for the Giants. Bubic has a current record of 0-1 with an ERA of 3.60, while DeSclafani has a record of 1-0 with a perfect 0.00 ERA. In terms of pitching statistics, the Giants have a better overall team ERA compared to the Royals. San Francisco has an ERA of 4.35, while Kansas City's current ERA is 3.63. However, the Giants have struggled with their WHIP, which stands at 1.367, while the Royals have a better WHIP at 1.403. On the offensive side, the Giants have been performing well with a higher average and slugging percentage compared to the Royals. San Francisco also leads in the number of home runs per game, with an impressive 2.14 compared to Kansas City's 0.88. Overall, it seems that the Giants have a stronger pitching rotation and better

Giants: Hitting Analysis

As the San Francisco Giants enter the 2023 MLB season, the experts and computer MLB picks suggest that they have a strong chance of success. With a winning percentage of 42.9%, the Giants are looking to improve on their performance from the previous year. One of the key factors that will determine the Giants' success this season is their hitting ability. The MLB today experts predict that San Francisco's offense will be a major strength, with a lineup consisting of players such as Joc Pederson, Thairo Estrada, and Salvador Perez, who have all had success in the past. Looking at the team's offensive statistics from last season, the Giants ranked 13th in batting average (.251), 6th in runs per game (5.57), and 3rd in total bases per game (16.86). They also hit 2.14 home runs per game, which was the 2nd highest in the league. On the defensive side, the Giants will need to improve as they ranked 15th in earned run average (4.35) and 16th in WHIP (1.367) last season. However, they did have success in preventing stolen bases with a 100% success rate in stopping steals. Overall, with their potent offense and potential

 

Injury Report:

Injuries are always a major factor in the outcome of any game, and the Royals vs. Giants matchup is no exception. The Royals are currently dealing with several players on the injured list, including Clay Dungan and Brewer Hicklen, both listed as day-to-day, and Diego Hernandez, who is on the 60-day injured list. Meanwhile, the Giants have several players on the injured list as well, including Hunter David Bishop, Austin Slater, Roberto Perez, and Joey Bart, all listed as day-to-day, and Mitch Haniger, who is on the 10-day injured list. These injuries could greatly impact the respective teams' lineups and could potentially affect the outcome of the game. 

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Clay Dungan Kansas City Royals 2B Day-to-day
Brewer Hicklen Kansas City Royals LF Day-to-day
Diego Hernandez Kansas City Royals CF 60-day IL
Hunter David Bishop San Francisco Giants CF Out
Mitch Haniger San Francisco Giants RF 10-day IL

 

Prediction

As we approach the upcoming matchup between the Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants, the MLB experts, picks, and computer predictions all seem to favor the Giants with a 68% chance of winning. However, it's important to not always take the favorite and instead consider other factors such as recent team performance and individual player stats. With that being said, my pick for this game is the Kansas City Royals. While they may have a current record of 2-6, they have shown some promising moments and have several strong players such as Salvador Perez and Thairo Estrada. Additionally, with Kris Bubic set to pitch, who has an impressive 0.00 ERA so far this season, I believe the Royals have a strong chance of coming out on top in this game. 

 

Pick: Royals

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $77,680
last 30 days winnings ($320)
Yesterday winnings $770
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 636 - 420 - 12
Winnings % 59%