Dodgers vs Mets Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/18

Dodgers vs Mets Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/18

© Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Mets vs Dodgers

The New York Mets and the Los Angeles Dodgers are set to face off on April 18, 2023, in a highly anticipated MLB game. Fans, MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and predictions are already making their MLB picks and parlay, and the excitement is palpable. According to MLB experts, the Dodgers have a 69.2% chance of winning the game, while the Mets have a 30.8% chance. However, anything can happen in baseball, and both teams are expected to put up a strong fight. The game will take place at Dodger Stadium at 10:10 PM ET, and it will be aired on TBS. The weather in Los Angeles, California, is expected to be a comfortable 59 degrees, and the capacity of the stadium is 56,000. The probable pitchers for the game are Tylor Megill for the Mets and Clayton Kershaw for the Dodgers. Both players have delivered impressive performances in the past, and fans will be looking forward to watching them go head-to-head. It's sure to be an exciting game, so be sure to tune in and catch all the action. Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article.

 

Mets: Pitching Analysis

The New York Mets have one of the most talented pitching staffs in the MLB, featuring star pitchers like Marcus Stroman and Jacob deGrom. The team's success will largely depend on the performance of their pitchers this season, and experts have made their MLB picks and computer predictions for the Mets' pitching lineup. MLB Today experts have noted that the Mets have a strong starting rotation, with a solid mix of experienced veterans and young talents. Both Stroman and deGrom have been predicted to have successful seasons, with experts eyeing them as potential Cy Young Award contenders. MLB picks and parlays have also predicted strong performances from Taijuan Walker and Carlos Carrasco, both solid pitchers who have proven themselves in the league. Meanwhile, Tylor Megill has emerged as a promising young talent, and MLB expert picks today have praised his strong debut performances. In terms of bullpen, the Mets have a few standout relievers in Edwin Diaz and Trevor May, who have both been predicted to have strong seasons. However, their bullpen depth has been a concern for some experts, and the team may need to address this issue during the season. Overall, with their talented pitching staff, the Mets are expected to be contenders in their division and even the entire league. For the best MLB bets today, many experts are picking the Mets as a strong team

Mets: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to predicting the Mets' hitting performance, there are several factors to consider. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computers have analyzed the team's statistics, trends, and current lineup to come up with their predictions. MLB picks and parlay, MLB today experts, and MLB picks with spread all weigh in on the Mets' chances of winning each game. Of course, no prediction can be 100% accurate, but these experts offer insight into which players are likely to have a good game and which matchups may favor or hinder the Mets' offense. Looking at the Mets' batting leaders, it's clear that Pete Alonso and Francisco Lindor are the key players to watch. Alonso has hit eight home runs and has a .267 average, while Lindor has 16 RBIs and a .246 average. However, the rest of the lineup has struggled to produce, with no other player hitting more than two home runs or batting above .286. The Mets' offense also faces a tough matchup on April 18, 2023, when they take on the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers' pitching staff, led by Clayton Kershaw, has the fourth-best earned run average in the league. Kershaw himself has a 2-1 record, a 3.50 ERA, and has allowed 18 strikeouts over

 

Dodgers: Pitching Analysis

The Los Angeles Dodgers have a strong pitching rotation that is expected to perform well in the upcoming MLB season. The MLB picks experts, MLB picks computer, and MLB picks emp predictions all indicate a promising season for the Dodgers. Starting with the probable pitchers, the Dodgers have the talented Clayton Kershaw leading the rotation. With a record of 2-1 and an ERA of 3.50, Kershaw is expected to continue his dominance on the mound. He will be supported by Tylor Megill, who also has a strong record of 3-0 and an ERA of 2.25. When it comes to bullpen, the Dodgers have a solid group of relievers, including Phil Bickford, Caleb Ferguson, and Brusdar Graterol. They are expected to provide strong support to the starting rotation. Overall, the MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlay predictions all favor the Dodgers' pitching staff. They are projected to have the best MLB bets today and the best MLB picks with spread. With strong pitching performances and a talented lineup, the Dodgers are expected to have a successful season. The MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer all predict the Dodgers to make it to the playoffs, and potentially even the World Series.

Dodgers: Hitting Analysis

The Dodgers have been one of the most consistent offensive teams in the league over the past few years. Experts, computer models, and MLB picks and predictions all favor the Dodgers' offense on a nightly basis. Their high-powered offense has been one of the best in the league, and they consistently put up runs, no matter who they're facing. Looking at today's experts' picks and best MLB bets, many are predicting another strong offensive showing from the Dodgers. Their hitting prowess is evident from their batting leaders, with Max Muncy leading the team in home runs and RBI, and Freddie Freeman posting a solid .302 batting average and .397 OBP. The Dodgers' hitting analysis also shows a strong slugging percentage of .457, with a top-ranked isolated power of .225. They lead the league in hits for extra bases, with an impressive 47.5%. However, their strikeout percentage is a concern, as they rank 26th in the league. Overall, the Dodgers' offense is a force to be reckoned with, and many MLB picks and parlays predict that they will continue to dominate at the plate. With a solid pitching rotation and strong defense behind them, the Dodgers may be the team to beat this season.

 

Injury Report

Injuries can have a major impact on the outcome of a game, and it's important to keep tabs on the latest updates. The New York Mets are currently dealing with the loss of reliever Stephen Nogosek, who is on the 15-day IL as of April 15. The Los Angeles Dodgers are also dealing with injuries, with catcher Will Smith currently on the 7-day IL as of April 16. It's important to track the injury reports leading up to game day, as they can impact the starting lineups and overall performance of the teams. Luckily, MLB Picks experts, MLB Picks computer, and MLB Picks em predictions are all taking injuries into account when making their MLB today expert picks and MLB picks and parlay recommendations. The MLB experts picks today include a consensus pick for the moneyline and run line, as well as over/under predictions. When making your own MLB picks with spread, be sure to take injuries into account and check the latest injury reports for each team. Overall, staying up to date on the injury reports is just one important factor to consider when making MLB predictions today and picking the best MLB bets.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Stephen Nogosek New York Mets RP 15-day IL (Apr 15)
Will Smith Los Angeles Dodgers C 7-day IL (Apr 16)

 

Prediction

As the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers get ready to face off on April 18, 2023, experts and computer predictions are split on who will come out on top. However, after analyzing the teams' recent performances and statistics, our MLB experts are giving the edge to the Mets. While the Dodgers have been performing well in recent games, the Mets have shown more consistency with their offense and defense, ranking higher in several key categories. Additionally, Mets pitcher Tylor Megill has been impressive in his recent outings, boasting a 3-0 record and a 2.25 ERA. Of course, anything can happen in the unpredictable world of baseball, but our pick for this game is the New York Mets. 

 

Pick: Mets

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $19,620
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $12,300
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%