Diamondbacks vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/29

Diamondbacks vs Rockies Prediction MLB Picks Today 5/29

x© Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

 

Game Preview: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks (May 29, 2023)

The Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks are set to face off on May 29, 2023, at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. The game is sure to be an exciting bout, as both teams are looking to secure a much-needed win. MLB picks experts have been analyzing the teams' performances, and we are here to give our take on the best MLB bets for today's game. The Rockies come into the game with a 24-30 record and a 9-16 away game record. They are currently ranked 4th in the National League West standings, while the Diamondbacks hold the second spot with a 30-23 record and a 15-12 home game record. MLB picks with spread have favored the Diamondbacks with a -205 Moneyline, while the Rockies have a +170 Moneyline. The Over/Under is set at 9.5. However, MLB picks and parlays experts suggest that bettors should look beyond the odds and examine the teams' head-to-head stats. The Rockies will have Karl Kauffmann as their starting pitcher, who currently holds a 0-2 record with a 9.35 ERA. On the other hand, the Diamondbacks are set to utilize Ryne Nelson, who has a 1-2 record with a 4.50 ERA. MLB experts' picks today suggest that the Diamondbacks have the advantage in terms of both pitching and batting. The Rockies' offense value ranks at #25, while the Diamondbacks' ranks at #8. Similarly, the Rockies' defense value ranks at #28, while the Diamondbacks' ranks at #10. Overall, today's game is sure to be a close one, with both teams looking to secure a win. However, based on the teams' overall performance, MLB picks experts suggest that bettors place their money on the Diamondbacks with a -1.5 RunLine and an Over 9.5 bet. Be sure to catch the live score of the game and follow along for a full-length prediction article.

 

Rockies: Pitching Analysis

The Colorado Rockies have struggled this season, sitting at 24-30 and 8 games back in the National League West. One of the major areas of concern has been their pitching, which ranks near the bottom of the league in most categories. Their starting rotation has had moments of success but overall has been inconsistent. Karl Kauffmann, who is slated to start against the Arizona Diamondbacks on May 29th, has struggled in his limited MLB action, with a 9.35 ERA and a WHIP of 2.13. Meanwhile, fellow starter Austin Gomber has shown flashes of potential but has an ERA of 4.96 and has given up nine home runs in 49 innings pitched. The bullpen has also been a source of concern for the Rockies. Closer Daniel Bard has had some ups and downs, with a 4.11 ERA and three blown saves so far this season. Pierce Johnson and Jake Bird have been solid options in relief, but the rest of the bullpen has struggled to consistently get outs. Despite these struggles, there are still reasons for optimism on the pitching front for the Rockies. Peter Lambert is expected to return from injury soon and has shown promise in his limited MLB action. Brent Suter has been a reliable option out of the bullpen with a 2.49 ERA in 25 appearances. Overall, the Rockies will need their pitching staff to step up if they hope to climb back into contention in the National League West. There are some promising pieces in the rotation and bullpen, but they will need to put it all together to turn the season around.

Rockies: Hitting Analysis

The Colorado Rockies have struggled offensively this season and they will need to pick up their game if they want to be a contender. MLB picks experts have noted that the Rockies have one of the worst offenses in the league, ranking 25th in both win percentage and runs scored per game. They will need to improve in these areas to turn their season around. The Rockies' batting leaders include second baseman Ryan McMahon, who has scored seven home runs and has a .238 batting average, and catcher Elias Diaz, who has a .333 batting average and a .387 on-base percentage. However, they will need more contributions from other players if they want to improve their offense overall. MLB expert picks today suggest that the Rockies may struggle against the Arizona Diamondbacks, who have a strong defense and are currently leading the season series 2-1. The Rockies will need to take advantage of their opportunities when facing Diamondbacks' pitchers Ryne Nelson and other bullpen pitchers. Overall, the Rockies will need to improve their hitting if they want to stand a chance against the top teams in the league. 

 

Diamondbacks: Pitching Analysis

The pitching matchup between the Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks on May 29, 2023, will feature Karl Kauffmann for the Rockies and Ryne Nelson for the Diamondbacks. MLB experts pick the Diamondbacks to win this game with odds favoring them at -205. However, as the game progresses, things can change quickly in baseball. MLB experts' picks today suggest that the Diamondbacks remain a strong team that is likely to win games, and best MLB bets for today show that the odds are in their favor. The Diamondbacks have a 57.3% chance of winning, according to analytics. However, the Rockies are not far behind, with a 42.7% chance of winning the game. MLB picks with spread indicate that this is likely to be a close game. The over/under is set at 9.5, indicating the experts predict a high scoring game. The consensus pick for this game is for the Diamondbacks to win by 1.5 runs. MLB picks and parlays are also suggesting that the Diamondbacks are a team to watch out for. They are currently 30-23, with a home record of 15-12, and their recent form is impressive. On the other hand, the Rockies are 24-30, with a 9-16 away record. Overall, the pitching matchup between Kauffmann and Nelson is interesting. Kauffmann has a record of 0-2 with an ERA of 9.35, while Nelson has a record of 1-2 with an ERA of 5.02. The stats suggest that the Diamondbacks have a slight edge in this department. In summary, the Diamondbacks are favored to win this game, but the Rockies can certainly pull off an upset. The matchup between Kauffmann and Nelson is intriguing, and it will be fascinating to see how this game unfolds.

Diamondbacks: Hitting Analysis

As the Diamondbacks take on the Rockies on May 29th, 2023, experts are making their MLB picks and parlay for the game. MLB experts picks today suggest that the Diamondbacks have the better chance of winning, with their odds at -205. The Rockies, on the other hand, have odds at +170. The best MLB bets today for the Diamondbacks seem to be with the spread, with a consensus pick of -1.5. As for the over/under, the odds are set at 9.5. When it comes to hitting analysis, the Diamondbacks have been performing well. Christian Walker leads the team with 11 home runs and 34 RBIs, while Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has a bat

 

Injury Report

Injuries have plagued both the Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks throughout the season. The Rockies have seen C.J. Cron, Noah Davis, Tyler Kinley, Dinelson Lamet, and Brenton Doyle hit the injured list at various times, while the Diamondbacks have not had any major injuries yet. However, as the season progresses, injuries are always a concern for both teams. It will be important for both teams to have depth and strong replacement options ready to fill in if injuries occur. 

Player Team Position Injury Status
C.J. Cron Colorado Rockies 1B 10-day IL
Noah Davis Colorado Rockies SP 15-day IL
Tyler Kinley Colorado Rockies RP 60-day IL
Dinelson Lamet Colorado Rockies RP 15-day IL
Brenton Doyle Colorado Rockies CF day-to-day

 

Prediction:

After analyzing the statistics and considering the probable pitchers, our experts have made their MLB pick for today's game between the Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks. While the Diamondbacks may be favored, the Rockies have shown recent improvement and have the potential to pull off an upset. Our experts recommend taking the underdog in this matchup. 

 

Pick: Rockies ML +118

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $26,030
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $89,885
last 30 days winnings $6,040
Yesterday winnings ($290)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 780 - 525 - 14
Winnings % 58%