Cubs vs Marlins Prediction MLB Picks for Today 5/6

Cubs vs Marlins Prediction MLB Picks for Today 5/6

 

 

© Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports

 

Marlins vs Cubs (May 6, 2023) Pregame: Expert MLB Picks, Predictions and Odds

The Miami Marlins (16-16, 6-7 away) will face off against the Chicago Cubs (15-16, 8-8 home) on May 6, 2023, at Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois. As experts and computer MLB picks and predictions start to roll in, MLB today experts, MLB picks and parlays, and MLB experts picks today are in high demand for bettors looking for the best MLB bets today. With the Marlins leading the series 3-0, the Cubs will be looking to shake off their recent struggles and take control of their home field advantage. Both teams are coming off of tough losses and will be looking to turn things around. Pitching matchup of Bryan Hoeing (0-1, 6.23 ERA) for the Marlins versus Drew Smyly (3-1, 2.30 ERA) for the Cubs. With both teams being evenly matched in terms of win-loss record, fans can expect a close game with plenty of opportunity for MLB picks with spread. Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article, featuring the latest MLB picks and parlay, MLB picks odds, and MLB picks with spread. As always, make sure to check out our exclusive PickCenter analysis for subscribers to get the best MLB picks and predictions for today's game.

 

Marlins: Pitching Analysis

Heading into the May 6, 2023 matchup against the Cubs, the Miami Marlins find themselves with a record of 16-16. The team has had some struggles in the early part of the season, but much of that can be attributed to their pitching staff. The team has a 4.79 ERA, ranking them 22nd in the league. The Marlins have used a mix of young and veteran arms to try and navigate through their schedule, but it hasn't always gone according to plan. One pitcher who has struggled for the Marlins is Bryan Hoeing. He currently has a 0-1 record with a 6.23 ERA in four appearances. The rookie has had a tough time adjusting to the big leagues, and his lack of experience has shown at times. Drew Smyly, on the other hand, has been a bright spot for Miami. The left-hander has a 3-1 record with a 2.83 ERA in six starts. Smyly has been a reliable innings eater for the Marlins, and his veteran presence has helped stabilize the rotation. The bullpen has also had its issues, with the team blowing several leads throughout the season. Matt Barnes has been solid in his role as closer, recording four saves in five opportunities. However, the rest of the bullpen has struggled to consistently get outs. Dylan Floro has been a reliable option in middle relief, but the team will need more from their other arms if they hope to climb in the standings. Overall, the Marlins pitching staff has been inconsistent in the early part of the season. The team will need their young arms to continue to develop and their veteran arms to step up if they hope to turn things around. As for the matchup against the Cubs, the Marlins will need a strong outing from Drew Smyly if they want to come away with a win in Chicago.

Marlins: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to hitting, the Miami Marlins have struggled in the 2023 MLB season. Their offense ranks near the bottom in multiple categories, such as runs per game, total bases per game, and RBIs per game. Despite having some individual players ranking high in certain categories, the team as a whole has not been able to generate enough momentum in their at-bats. According to MLB picks experts, the Marlins' hitting performance has been unpredictable and inconsistent. Some games they are able to score enough runs to win, while in others they struggle to get anything going. MLB picks based on computer predictions have been more accurate in predicting the team’s offensive performance, as their algorithms take into account individual player stats, recent trends, and historical data. MLB today experts suggest that the Marlins need to focus on improving their batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging percentage if they want to become a more competitive team. They also need to work on reducing their strikeout rate and increasing their walk rate, as getting on base is crucial for generating runs. MLB picks and parlay experts recommend keeping an eye on certain Marlins players who have shown potential to improve the team’s hitting performance. Jorge Soler leads the team in home runs and RBIs, while Luis Arraez has the highest batting average on the team. Catcher Will Banfield has also shown some promise at the plate, with a .310 batting average and an on-base percentage of .417. Overall, the Marlins’ hitting performance has been underwhelming this season. However, with some necessary adjustments and improvements, they have the potential to turn things around and become a more competitive team. MLB expert picks today suggest that betting against the Marlins in games against strong offensive teams may be a safer bet until they can prove themselves more reliable at the plate.

 

Cubs: Pitching Analysis

As the Marlins travel to Wrigley Field to take on the Cubs, MLB Picks experts and computer-based MLB Picks and Emp Predictions, including MLB Today Experts Picks and MLB Picks and Parlay, have varying opinions on the matchup's outcome. According to MLB Expert Picks Today, the Cubs are favored to win with a 81.3% chance of winning, while the Marlins sit at 18.7% chance of winning. The Cubs are also favored in terms of their 12-20 ATS record compared to the Marlins' 17-14 ATS record. In terms of pitching, the Marlins will send out Bryan Hoeing (0-1, 6.23 ERA) to face off against the Cubs' Drew Smyly (3-1, 3.15 ERA). MLB Picks with Spread and MLB Predictions Today lean towards Smyly and the Cubs, as he has been the more consistent starter this season with an ERA almost half of Hoeing's. MLB Picks for Today also favor the Cubs as they have a better overall record at home (8-8) compared to the Marlins' overall record (16-16). The Cubs also have the advantage in run differential, with a +5 differential while the Marlins sit at -52. Overall, the Cubs look to have the upper hand in this matchup, according to MLB picks and pundits. But as we have seen time and time again in baseball, anything can happen on game day.

Cubs: Hitting Analysis

As the Cubs take on the Marlins on May 6, 2023, experts and computer algorithms alike are making their MLB picks and predictions for the game. According to MLB picks and parlays today, the Cubs hold the advantage with a consensus pick on the moneyline and run line. The Cubs are also favored with the spread, and experts are predicting them to come out on top. When looking at the Cubs' hitting analysis, Patrick Wisdom is leading the way with 11 home runs and 21 RBIs so far in the season. The team's batting average may not be as strong as they'd like, but they have been able to consistently put runs on the board. Plus, with Drew Smyly on the mound for the Cubs, they have a reliable left-handed pitcher who can keep the Marlins' hitters in check. Overall, with the Cubs' strong hitting and pitching, and the experts and computers predicting a win, it looks like Cubs fans have a lot to be excited about for the May 6, 2023 game against the Marlins.

 

Injury Report: 

As the Miami Marlins visit the Chicago Cubs on May 6, 2023, both teams have players on the injured list. The Marlins have Garrett Cooper, Tommy Nance, Trevor Rogers, Sixto Sanchez, and Victor Mesa listed as day-to-day or on the IL. On the other hand, the Cubs have Brailyn Marquez, Stephen Gonsalves, Bryce Windham, and Adrian Sampson on their injury report. These injuries could impact the game and affect the performance of the teams. However, experts and computers have made their MLB picks and predictions for this game. The MLB picks and parlays from various sources indicate that the Cubs are likely to win with an 81.3% probability, while the Marlins have an 18.7% chance of winning. MLB picks with the spread also suggest that the Cubs will outscore the Marlins. In addition, MLB picks today by experts and computer models suggest that the Cubs are the best MLB bets for today's game. Some MLB experts' picks today suggest that the Cubs will win by at least two runs. MLB picks odds also show that the Cubs are favored to win with a -145 money line consensus pick. Overall, MLB analysts have made MLB picks and predictions based on the team's performance, recent injuries, and other factors. These MLB picks and predictions can provide valuable insights for bettors and fans who are interested in the game's outcome.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Garrett Cooper Miami Marlins 1B 10-day IL
Tommy Nance Miami Marlins RP 60-day IL
Trevor Rogers Miami Marlins SP 15-day IL
Sixto Sanchez Miami Marlins SP day-to-day
Victor Mesa Miami Marlins CF day-to-day
Brailyn Marquez Chicago Cubs SP day-to-day
Stephen Gonsalves Chicago Cubs RP day-to-day
Bryce Windham Chicago Cubs C day-to-day
Adrian Sampson Chicago Cubs SP 15-day IL

 

Prediction

My pick for this game is the Marlins. While the Marlins may not have the best record, they have shown promising performances in their recent games and have a solid lineup. Additionally, Bryan Hoeing, their starting pitcher for this game, has been improving his performance and could surprise the Cubs' batters. Of course, anything could happen in baseball and the Cubs could certainly come out on top. But with the odds against them, the Marlins could be a smart underdog pick for MLB picks and parlays. No matter the outcome, this game is sure to be an exciting one for baseball fans everywhere. 

 

Pick: Marlins ML

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $76,910
last 30 days winnings ($1,090)
Yesterday winnings ($250)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 635 - 420 - 12
Winnings % 59%