Cubs vs Mariners Prediction MLB Free Picks 4/11

Cubs vs Mariners Prediction MLB Free Picks 4/11

© Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports

 

Mariners vs Cubs: MLB Game Preview for April 11, 2023

The Seattle Mariners will be facing off against the Chicago Cubs in their upcoming MLB game on April 11, 2023. As the teams take on Wrigley Field, experts and MLB picks computer predictions seem to favor the Cubs with a 62.0% chance of winning, while the Mariners have a 38.0% chance. Both teams have had an average start to the season as they sit with a 4-6 record for the Mariners and 4-4 for the Cubs. MLB today experts and MLB picks and parlay predictions are split on who will come out on top in this matchup. It's clear that both teams will have to bring their A-game to secure a win in this challenging matchup. Leading up to the game, the Mariners have been hit with some setbacks as Evan White, Dylan Moore, and Taylor Trammell are out with various injuries. However, they still have some heavy hitters on their roster including Eugenio Suarez and AJ Pollock, who have been producing some impressive stats. On the other hand, the Cubs have been averaging five runs per game and relying on the likes of Patrick Wisdom and Eric Hosmer to keep their offense going. 

 

Mariners: Pitching Analysis

The Seattle Mariners have had a mixed start to their 2023 MLB season, currently sitting at 4-6. While their offense has been inconsistent, it's their pitching that has been the biggest question mark. In this pitching analysis, we'll take a closer look at the Mariners' pitchers and predict how they'll perform in upcoming games. It's worth noting that while some MLB picks experts and computer models may have predictions for the Mariners' pitching, our analysis will be based on current performance and stats. Starting with the probable pitcher for the April 11th game against the Chicago Cubs, Chris Flexen has started the season strong with a 0-1 record, 3.00 ERA, and 5 strikeouts. He'll face off against Hayden Wesneski, who will be making his MLB debut. While it's difficult to predict how he'll perform, his minor league stats show promise with a 5.79 ERA and 26 strikeouts. Looking at the Mariners' overall pitching stats, their team ERA is 3.18, ranking them 5th in the league. Their pitchers have allowed an average of 3.30 earned runs per game, while striking out 98 batters. Their WHIP sits at 1.35, and they've given up 7 home runs. It's clear that the Mariners' pitching staff has shown potential, but consistency has been an issue. If they can continue to limit runs and strike out batters

Mariners: Hitting Analysis

The Seattle Mariners have had a rollercoaster start to the 2023 MLB season, currently sitting with a 4-6 record. However, their hitting has shown moments of promise. According to MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions, the Mariners have had mixed results when it comes to offense. They have a batting average of .234, which ranks 25th in the league, but also have an average of 4.3 runs per game, which puts them at 20th in the league. MLB picks today experts have also noted that the Mariners have struggled with strikeouts, averaging 9.1 per game, which ranks 24th in the league. However, they have had success with doubles, averaging 2.5 per game, which ranks second in the league. When it comes to MLB picks and parlays, the Mariners have faced a variety of matchups, making it difficult to predict their hitting performance. However, MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today experts have noted that their hitting is improving as the season progresses. Overall, while the Mariners have had some struggles with hitting so far this season, their potential for success is there. With the right batting approach and a bit of luck, they could surprise many in the league.

 

Cubs: Pitching Analysis

The Chicago Cubs have had a solid start to the 2023 MLB season, boasting a 4-4 record through their first eight games. A major reason for their success has been the performance of their pitching staff. The Cubs have a talented rotation, led by ace Hayden Wesneski. Wesneski has yet to give up a run this season, posting a 0.00 ERA through his first two starts. He has also struck out 13 batters in his 12 innings of work. Chris Flexen has also been impressive for the Cubs, posting a 1.22 ERA in his three starts. He has struck out 10 batters while walking just one in his 14.2 innings on the mound. The Cubs' bullpen has been solid as well, with closer Drew Smyly notching two saves in as many opportunities. Michael Fulmer and Justin Steele have also been effective in their relief appearances. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks both predict the Cubs to continue their strong pitching performances in upcoming games. MLB today experts have also listed the Cubs' pitching staff as one of the best in the league. If the Cubs' pitching staff can continue to perform at this level, they will surely be a formidable team in the National League Central and could make a deep run in the playoffs. MLB picks and parlay with the Cubs' pitching staff could be a wise choice for bettors.

Cubs: Hitting Analysis

The Chicago Cubs have been one of the most unpredictable teams in the MLB for the past few seasons. They have the potential to be a powerhouse team but often struggle with consistency. This year, however, the Cubs' hitting lineup is looking strong, and MLB experts and computer models alike are predicting a promising season for them. MLB picks experts are expecting the Cubs to make a comeback this season and are predicting them to be a top-performing team. With players like Patrick Wisdom, who has three home runs and a .320 batting average, and Dansby Swanson, who has a .375 batting average and a .459 OBP, the Cubs have a strong offensive force that can lead them to victory. MLB picks and parlays also predict that the Cubs will have a strong season, with many experts selecting them as a team to bet on. Best MLB bets today include betting on the Cubs to win against their opponents, as they are expected to dominate the game on the offensive end. MLB picks with spread also favor the Cubs this season, as their strong lineup is expected to lead them to victories with a comfortable margin. MLB predictions today also suggest that the Cubs have good odds of winning games based on their offensive performance. In conclusion

 

Injury Report:

As the MLB season progresses, injuries to players are becoming more and more common. It's important to stay up to date on the injury report when making MLB picks, whether you're relying on experts, computer predictions, or your own analysis. For the Seattle Mariners, first baseman Evan White and outfielders Dylan Moore and Taylor Trammell are currently on the injured list, with no clear timetable for their return. Relief pitcher Andres Munoz is also out with a 15-day injury. The Chicago Cubs have had some injury issues of their own, with third baseman James Triantos listed as day-to-day. However, the Cubs have relatively few major injuries, giving them an advantage over other teams in terms of player availability. 

 

Prediction

The Cubs are favored to win against the Mariners with a 62% chance of winning, according to ESPN Analytics. They also have a home field advantage with a 3-3 record at Wrigley Field. While Chris Flexen has been decent for the Mariners, the Cubs have the hot bat of Patrick Wisdom who has three home runs and six RBIs. The Cubs also have a better team batting average and on-base percentage compared to the Mariners.

 

Pick: Cubs ML -115

Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $6,820
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings ($3,000)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $74,450
last 30 days winnings ($7,120)
Yesterday winnings ($1,000)
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 678 - 458 - 13
Winnings % 58%