Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/14

Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction MLB Picks Free 4/14

© Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Game Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals

The Pittsburgh Pirates will take on the St. Louis Cardinals in a National League Central battle on April 14, 2023. MLB Picks experts and computer predictions currently give the Cardinals a slight edge with a 58.3% chance of winning while the Pirates have a 41.7% chance of pulling off the upset. The Cardinals will have Jake Woodford on the mound while the Pirates will start Johan Oviedo. Both pitchers are right-handers and will look to give their teams a chance to win. MLB Picks and Parlays experts will be keeping a close eye on the pitching

 

Pirates: Pitching Analysis

As the Pirates take on the Cardinals in their upcoming game on April 14th, 2023, experts and computer MLB picks have weighed in on the team's pitching performance. According to MLB picks and predictions, the Pirates have a 41.7% chance of winning the game, while the Cardinals have a 58.3% chance of winning. When it comes to pitching, the Pirates have showcased a solid performance this season. Johan Oviedo is set to be the starting pitcher for this game, and his stats show promise. In his previous games, Oviedo has a 1-0 record with a 3.18 ERA.

Pirates: Hitting Analysis

The Pirates have had an inconsistent start to their season, with a record of 7-5. However, their offense has shown promising signs of improvement. As of April 14, 2023, they have an average of 4.25 runs per game and 13.17 total bases per game, ranking them 22nd in both categories. Bryan Reynolds has been a standout player for the Pirates, hitting 5 home runs and batting .347 with 14 RBI. However, the team still struggles with strikeouts, with an average of 8.17 strikeouts per game. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions have varying opinions

 

Cardinals: Pitching Analysis

The St. Louis Cardinals have a young and talented pitching staff that is expected to shine in the upcoming season. The team's success will largely depend on the performance of their starting rotation, headed by Johan Oviedo and Jake Woodford. MLB experts and computer predictions favor the Cardinals' pitching staff, with many predicting them to be one of the best in the league. Their impressive stats, including a 4.10 earned run average and a 1.538 WHIP, speak volumes about their abilities on the mound. The team's bullpen is also expected to perform well, led by Giovanni Gallegos and Ryan Helsley.

Cardinals: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to hitting analysis for the St. Louis Cardinals, the experts and computer MLB picks alike all agree that the team has a strong offense. With a batting average of .284, the Cardinals rank third in the league in this category, and they also have a slugging percentage of .446, which is good for fourth place in the league. The team has several standout performers at the plate, including third baseman Nolan Gorman, who currently has four home runs and a .313 batting average. First baseman Paul Goldschmidt is another key player, with a .364 batting average and a .491 on-base percentage.

 

Injury Report:

Injuries are always a concern in any sport, and baseball is no exception. As we head into the 2023 season, it's important to keep an eye on the injury reports to stay informed about which players may be sidelined. Starting with the Pittsburgh Pirates, they have a few players who are currently listed as day-to-day, including RP Drake Fellows, RP Blake Cederlind, and 3B Jared Triolo. Additionally, SS Oneil Cruz and SP JT Brubaker are both on the 60-day injured list. These injuries could have an impact on the team's performance, so it will be important for the Pirates to manage them effectively.

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Drake Fellows Pittsburgh Pirates RP day-to-day
Blake Cederlind Pittsburgh Pirates RP day-to-day

 

Prediction

After analyzing the stats, injuries, and pitcher matchups, we predict the Pittsburgh Pirates will come out on top in their game against the St. Louis Cardinals on April 14, 2023. Our MLB expert pick is on the Pirates, not just because they are the underdogs, but also because they have a better overall record and run differential. Our MLB computer pick also supports the Pirates, with a predicted win percentage of 54%. Additionally, the Pirates have a better record against the spread, covering in 8 out of their 12 games this season. But as with any game, anything can happen on the field, so tune in to see which team will come out on top. However, with both teams having talented pitchers and strong offenses, this game could potentially be a close one. 

 

Pick: Pirates +1.5

Winnings $74,767
last 30 days winnings $19,620
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 248 - 8
Winnings % 59%
Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $12,300
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%