Braves vs Reds Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/12

Braves vs Reds Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/12

© Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Picks Experts: Reds vs Braves Game Preview - April 12, 2023

The Cincinnati Reds will face off against the Atlanta Braves on April 12, 2023, in what promises to be a thrilling matchup between two strong teams in Major League Baseball (MLB). MLB picks experts and predictions are already abuzz with speculations, and as the game draws near the excitement is palpable. Fans have been waiting eagerly for this clash, and with both teams raring to go, it is sure to be an exhilarating encounter. Will the Reds be able to overcome the Braves at their home ground, or will the Braves extend their winning run? MLB picks and parlay, MLB picks with spread, and MLB picks odds are all pointing to a captivating game that fans will not want to miss. Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article, where we will give you a detailed analysis of what to expect from this exciting match.

 

Reds: Pitching Analysis

As the Cincinnati Reds continue their season, one of the biggest areas of concern is their pitching lineup. Experts across the board have made MLB picks, computer models have made MLB picks and predictions, and it's clear that the Reds have a lot of work to do to boost their pitching performance. Looking at their upcoming matchup against the Atlanta Braves, the Reds have a tough task ahead of them. The Braves are currently 7-4 and have a strong batting lineup that will challenge the Reds' pitching staff. On the mound for the Reds is Hunter Greene, who has yet to win a game this season and has a 5.63 ERA. He will be facing off against Spencer Strider of the Braves, who has a 2.45 ERA and a 1-0 record. This matchup heavily favors the Braves, as indicated by the MLB picks and predictions from experts and computer models. The Reds' pitching staff will need to step up if they want to have a MLB experts and computer predictions are favoring the Atlanta Braves in their upcoming game against the Cincinnati Reds. With a 71.8% probability of winning according to analytics, the Braves are expected to continue their strong start to the season. However, fans of MLB picks and parlays should consider the Reds as a potential underdog bet, as they have a 28.2% chance of winning and could potentially pull off an upset. The game is set to take place on April 12, 2023 at Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia. The Reds will be sending Hunter Greene to the mound while the Braves will have Spencer Strider as their starting pitcher. It will be interesting to see how both teams perform and whether the analytics-based predictions hold true.

 

Braves: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to pitching, the Braves are a force to be reckoned with. Both MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions have the Braves ranked highly, and for good reason. With a solid starting rotation and bullpen, the Braves have the tools to dominate games. Their rotation is led by Max Fried and Charlie Morton, who have a combined ERA of 2.90 and a WHIP of 1.03. They are backed up by Ian Anderson, who has a 2.44 ERA and 0.95 WHIP, and Drew Smyly, who has a 2.70 ERA and 1.14 WHIP. This starting rotation is one of the best in the league and will keep the Braves in games. The bullpen is just as impressive, led by closer Will Smith, who has a 3.19 ERA and 0.88 WHIP. A.J. Minter and Tyler Matzek have been dominant in relief, with ERAs of

Braves: Hitting Analysis

The Atlanta Braves have been one of the most consistent teams in terms of hitting over the past few seasons, thanks to their deep lineup and strong performances from key players. As the 2023 season gets underway, MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks & predictions favor the Braves to continue their impressive hitting performances. Led by Jason Vosler with 3 home runs and Matt Olson with 11 RBIs, the Braves lineup has been explosive so far, averaging 4.64 runs per game. Their offense ranks in the top 15 of the league, with a team batting average of .265 and a slugging percentage of .417. In terms of individual statistics, Jonathan India leads the Cincinnati Reds with a .324 batting average and .425 OBP, while Orlando Arcia is hitting .341 with a .400 OBP and .537 SLG for the Braves. When it comes to the spread, the Braves are currently favored at -267 with an over/under of 8.

Injury Report:

As with any sport, injuries play a big role in the MLB. Here's an update on the injury status for both teams: For the Cincinnati Reds, Luke Weaver is currently on the 15-day IL, with Elly De La Cruz and Christian Encarnacion-Strand listed as day-to-day. Jay Allen and Chase Petty are also listed as day-to-day. On the Atlanta Braves side, Collin McHugh, Raisel Iglesias, and Max Fried are all on the 15-day IL. Ian Anderson is listed as day-to-day, while Adam Maier is currently out. These injuries could have an impact on MLB picks and predictions made by experts or computer models. It's important to consider the injury report when making MLB picks and bets.

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Luke Weaver Cincinnati Reds RP 15-day IL
Elly De La Cruz Cincinnati Reds SS day-to-day
Christian Encarnacion-Strand Cincinnati Reds 3B day-to-day
Jay Allen Cincinnati Reds OF

 

Prediction 

The Atlanta Braves have a good chance of winning and covering the -1.5 run line against the Cincinnati Reds. The Braves have been hot offensively, ranking higher in batting average, OBP, and SLG than the Reds. Moreover, they have a solid pitcher in Spencer Strider, who has a 2.45 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 11 innings pitched. In contrast, Reds pitcher Hunter Greene has struggled with a 5.63 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 8 innings pitched. The Braves also have the home-field advantage, which could give them an edge in the game. Additionally, the Reds have several players listed as day-to-day or on the injured list, which could affect their performance. All of these factors suggest that the Braves are in a good position to win and cover the run line.

 

Pick: Braves -1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $97,650
last 30 days winnings $19,880
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1511 - 1298 - 105
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $93,615
last 30 days winnings $9,940
Yesterday winnings $870
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 782 - 523 - 14
Winnings % 58%