Blue Jays vs Tigers Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/11

Blue Jays vs Tigers Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/11

© Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

 

Tigers vs Blue Jays: MLB Game Preview - April 11, 2023

The Detroit Tigers will face off against the Toronto Blue Jays in an exciting MLB game on April 11, 2023. As both teams aim to secure a win, fans and experts alike are eagerly anticipating the outcome of this matchup. MLB picks, expert predictions, and computer algorithms will be put to the test, as fans look for the best MLB bets today. The Tigers, who currently hold a record of 2-7, will look to bounce back from a tough start to the season. Meanwhile, the Blue Jays, who sit at 6-4, hope to maintain their winning momentum in this upcoming matchup. With probable pitchers Matt Manning and Alek Manoah set to take the mound, both teams will need to bring their best to come out on top. Fans will be given a treat as they watch two of the league's top young pitchers go head to head. Stay tuned for our full-length prediction article, where we'll break down this matchup in detail and provide insights into the best MLB picks and parlays for this game.

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis 

The Detroit Tigers have had a tough start to the season with a record of 2-7, but their pitching staff has shown some promise. Matt Manning will take the mound for the Tigers in their upcoming game against the Toronto Blue Jays, while Alek Manoah will start for the Blue Jays. According to MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks, the Blue Jays are favored to win this game with a 69% chance, while the Tigers have a 31% chance. However, the experts have been wrong before and the Tigers just might surprise everyone. In terms of MLB picks and parlay, the Blue Jays are a safe bet for this game, but if you're feeling risky, the Tigers might be worth considering as the underdog. Looking at the Tigers' pitching performance so far this season, Matt Manning has a 1-0 record with a 3.18 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, and 6 strikeouts in 5.2 innings pitched. He has shown potential and could be a key player for the Tigers in this game. On the other hand, Alek Manoah has a 1-0 record with a 4.35 ERA, 1.55 WHIP, and 10 strikeouts in 10.1 innings pitched. 

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

As the Tigers continue to struggle early in the season, many experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are doubting their ability to turn things around. Despite this, the team's hitting analysis shows some promising signs. While their win percentage and run differential sit at the bottom of the league, their batting average and on-base percentage are ranked in the top 30%, with Matt Chapman leading the Blue Jays with a .475 average and .523 OBP. The Tigers' ability to get on base is also evident in their plate appearances, where they rank #24 in the league, with 333 total so far. However, they have struggled to capitalize on these opportunities, ranking #27 in runs scored per game. Their power at the plate also leaves something to be desired, with an average of just 0.56 home runs per game, which ranks them among the bottom of the league. Despite these struggles, the Tigers' hitting analysis isn't all doom and gloom. Their ability to get on base and consistently put the ball in play is promising, and if they can start capitalizing on these opportunities and connect with more power, they could turn things around and exceed some of the expectations set by MLB experts and computer picks.

 

Blue Jays: Pitching Analysis

With a 6-4 record at home, the Toronto Blue Jays have been performing solidly so far this season. One of the key factors for their success has been their pitching staff, which has been performing well according to both MLB Picks Experts and MLB Picks Computer predictions. The Blue Jays are set to face the Detroit Tigers on April 11, 2023, and the probable pitcher for Toronto is Alek Manoah. Manoah has a current record of 1-0 with a 4.35 ERA and 11 strikeouts in 10.1 innings pitched. His performance so far in the season has earned him recognition among MLB Today Experts and MLB Picks and Parlay picks. On the other hand, the Detroit Tigers are sending Matt Manning to the mound. Manning has a record of 1-0 with a 3.18 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 17 innings pitched. Despite his solid performance, the Tigers have struggled this season with a 2-7 record, leading MLB Expert Picks Today to predict a 69.0% chance of a Blue Jays victory. Looking specifically at the Blue Jays' pitching statistics, their pitching staff has an ERA of 5.28, which ranks 23rd in the league. However, they have been able to limit their opponents to an average of 5.1 earned runs per game

Blue Jays: Hitting Analysis

The Toronto Blue Jays have been enjoying a solid start to the season, recording a 6-4 record in their first ten games. Their offense has been one of the key factors contributing to their success, as they have averaged 5.4 runs per game and have recorded 10.6 hits per game. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions continue to favor the Blue Jays in their upcoming match against the Detroit Tigers at the Rogers Centre. The Blue Jays have a 69.0% chance of winning, according to analytics. This has translated into money line consensus picks, with 86% of the experts backing the Blue Jays to win. Furthermore, the Blue Jays have been an attractive team for bettors looking to place parlay bets. With a 2-7 ATS record, the Tigers' struggles have made them an attractive team to bet against in multi-game bets. In terms of individual hitters, Bo Bichette has been red-hot for the Blue Jays, hitting .362 with 3 home runs and 8 RBIs. Matt Chapman has been equally impressive for Detroit, hitting .475 with 2 home runs and 14 RBIs. Overall, the Blue Jays are the favorites to come out on top in their game against the Tigers, with the experts, the computer models, and the odds all in their favor. 

 

Injury Report:

Like any other sports league, injuries can have a major impact on MLB picks and predictions. Here's a look at some key injuries for both teams heading into tonight's game. For the Detroit Tigers, outfielder Austin Meadows is currently on the 10-day injured list, while pitchers Michael Lorenzen and Jackson Jobe are listed as day-to-day. Meanwhile, infielder Wenceel Perez is also considered day-to-day. On the other side, the Toronto Blue Jays don't have any injured players to report at this time. 

 

Player Team Position Injury Status
Elvis Alvarado Detroit Tigers RP day-to-day
Austin Meadows Detroit Tigers RF 10-day IL
Wenceel Perez Detroit Tigers 2B day-to-day
Michael Lorenzen Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL
Jackson Jobe Detroit Tigers SP day-to-day
No injured players

 

Prediction

As the Detroit Tigers face off against the Toronto Blue Jays, MLB picks experts are weighing in on the matchup. While computer MLB picks and predictions may favor the Blue Jays as the favorites, MLB picks today from experts suggest that the Tigers could pull off an upset. The best MLB bets today may not always align with the odds and MLB picks with spread. However, some MLB experts' picks today could suggest taking a chance on the Tigers with the spread or even the money line. 

 

Pick: Tigers +1.5

Winnings $79,704
last 30 days winnings $6,820
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NCAAB
W-L-D 241 - 147 - 5
Winnings % 61%
Winnings $71,767
last 30 days winnings $13,090
Yesterday winnings ($3,000)
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 386 - 251 - 8
Winnings % 59%