Astros vs Tigers Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/5

Astros vs Tigers Prediction MLB Picks for Today 4/5

© Thomas Shea-USA TODAY Sports

 

MLB Picks Experts Predictions: Tigers vs Astros Game Preview

The Detroit Tigers will take on the Houston Astros on April 5, 2023, at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. Both teams are looking to start the season off strong and secure a win. MLB picks experts and computer predictions have their opinions on who will come out on top, but only time will tell. Tigers vs Astros: Probable Pitchers The Tigers' Eduardo Rodriguez (LHP) will face off against the Astros' Cristian Javier (RHP) on the mound. Rodriguez has a record of 0-1 with an ERA of 5.06 and Javier has a record of 1-1 with an ERA of 2.70. MLB Picks and Parlay Experts are split on who will win this matchup. According to analytics, the Astros have a 73.8% chance of winning while the Tigers have a 26.2% chance. The consensus pick favors the Astros, who are also favored to win on the moneyline with -250 odds. MLB Picks with Spread As for the spread, the Astros have a run line of -1.5 with odds of -115 while the Tigers have a run line of +1.5 with odds of -105. The over/under is set at 7.5 with odds of -110 for both the over and the under. MLB Predictions Today Based on current statistics and recent performances, it appears that the Astros have the upper

 

Tigers: Pitching Analysis

The Detroit Tigers are expected to have a tough matchup against the Houston Astros on April 5, 2023. MLB picks experts and computer predictions show that the Astros are heavily favored, with analytics giving them a 73.8% chance of winning. This is partly due to the Tigers' struggling pitching performance. Eduardo Rodriguez, the Tigers' left-handed starter, will take on the Astros' right-handed pitcher Cristian Javier. Rodriguez has had a tough start to the season, with an ERA of 5.06 and a WHIP of 1.35. He has also given up 5 walks and 10 hits in just 13.1 innings pitched. If Rodriguez doesn't get his game on track, it could be a long day for the Tigers. On the other hand, Javier has had a better start to the season, with an ERA of 5.40 and a WHIP of 0.86. He has only given up 2 walks and 6 hits in 10 innings pitched, showing better control than Rodriguez. The Tigers will need to be on top of their game to get past Javier. In terms of overall team performance, the Tigers have struggled with their pitching. Their team ERA is 6.69, which is one of the worst in the league. Their WHIP is also high at 1.514, indicating that they have given up a lot of walks and hits. On the other hand, the Astros have a team ERA of 4.21

Tigers: Hitting Analysis

As the MLB season kicks off, experts and computer models alike are making their predictions for upcoming games. The Detroit Tigers are a team that has been struggling as of late, but some analysts are optimistic about their potential in the upcoming season. With MLB picks and predictions being made by various sources, let's take a closer look at the Tigers' hitting analysis. According to MLB Today experts, the Tigers have a lot of work to do when it comes to hitting. Their offense value currently ranks at 0.10, ranking them 22nd in the league. Their batting average is at a dismal .169, dead last in the league. Their runs per game and total bases per game also rank in the bottom third of the league. However, despite their struggles, there are some bright spots on the Tigers' roster. Catcher Jake Rogers leads the team with one home run and a .250 batting average. Outfielder Austin Meadows also has a respectable .267 batting average. The Tigers will need these players to continue stepping up if they want to improve their hitting game. When it comes to MLB picks and parlays, the Tigers have not been a popular choice among experts. Their current record of 1-3 (as of April 5, 2023) has led many to believe they will struggle against the Houston Astros in their upcoming matchup. MLB picks with spread currently have the Astros as heavy favorites to win the game. Overall, while the Tigers may not have the strongest hitting game in the league, there is always room

Astros: Pitching Analysis

When it comes to pitching, the Houston Astros are a team to watch out for in the MLB picks world. With a solid rotation that includes names like Eduardo Rodriguez, Cristian Javier, and Jose Urquidy, the Astros are definitely a force to be reckoned with. MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks em predictions have consistently favored the Astros' pitching, and for good reason. The team's ERA is among the best in the league, and their WHIP and strikeouts per game are also impressive. In MLB today, experts and computer picks alike still view the Astros' pitching staff as one of the strongest in the league. Whether it's MLB picks and parlays or best MLB bets today, the Astros' pitching is often a top choice. When it comes to MLB picks with spread, the Astros' pitching is also a popular choice. Their solid performances on the mound have led to numerous wins both straight up and against the spread. Overall, MLB predictions today and MLB picks for today consistently include the Astros' pitching as a key factor in their success. With a deep rotation and strong performances on the mound, this team is definitely one to watch in the upcoming season.

Astros: Hitting Analysis

When it comes to MLB picks, experts have been using a combination of computer analysis and predictions from MLB today experts to make their best MLB bets today. For the Houston Astros, their hitting has been a key factor in their success. According to MLB picks and parlay experts, the Astros have one of the best lineups in the league. Led by Yordan Alvarez and Jose Altuve, their offense is ranked 16th in runs per game and 25th in total bases per game. However, the Astros have struggled with consistency, leading them to a 2-3 record thus far. Their upcoming matchup against the Detroit Tigers will put their hitting to the test, especially against left-handed starter Eduardo Rodriguez. Despite their struggles, MLB picks with spread and MLB predictions today still favor the Astros to come out on top. With a strong offense and solid pitching, the Astros are a favorite among MLB experts picks today and best MLB bets today.

Injury Report

As the MLB season progresses, injuries are bound to happen to even the best teams. It's important to stay updated on any injuries that may affect your MLB picks and predictions. Currently, the Detroit Tigers have a few players on the injured list including Tyler Nevin, Elvis Alvarado, Dillon Dingler, and Wenceel Perez. Michael Lorenzen was also recently placed on the 15-day injured list. Meanwhile, the Houston Astros have their own share of injuries to keep an eye on. Blake Taylor and Michael Brantley are both on the 15-day injured list, while Ryan Pressly is day-to-day. It's always important to take injuries into account when making MLB picks and predictions. Keep an eye on the injury report and adjust your strategies accordingly.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Tyler Nevin Detroit Tigers 1B 10-day IL
Elvis Alvarado Detroit Tigers RP Out
Dillon Dingler Detroit Tigers C Out
Wenceel Perez Detroit Tigers 2B day-to-day
Michael Lorenzen Detroit Tigers SP 15-day IL
Blake Taylor Houston Astros RP 15-day IL</

 

Prediction 

After analyzing the statistics and expert opinions, our MLB Picks and Predictions for today's game between the Detroit Tigers and the Houston Astros favor the Astros. However, we caution against always picking the favorite and suggest considering other factors such as injury reports and recent team performance. For today's game, our pick is the Detroit Tigers at +205 for the moneyline. While the Astros have a stronger offense and pitching staff, the Tigers have shown resilience and could potentially pull off an upset. Additionally, Eduardo Rodriguez has a solid track record and could lead the Tigers to victory. 

 

Pick: Tigers ML +205

Winnings $83,830
last 30 days winnings ($260)
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1299 - 1121 - 96
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $80,140
last 30 days winnings $2,140
Yesterday winnings $690
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 641 - 422 - 12
Winnings % 58%