Angels vs Nationals Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/11

Angels vs Nationals Prediction MLB Picks Today 4/11

© Michael Thomas Shroyer-USA TODAY Sports

 

Nationals vs Angels MLB Game Preview - April 11, 2023

The Washington Nationals will face off against the Los Angeles Angels on April 11th, 2023 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California. The game is sure to be exciting, with both teams looking to grab a victory early in the season. MLB experts, MLB picks computer programs, and various MLB picks experts and predictions all factor into what should be a great matchup. The Nationals enter the game with a 3-7 record while the Angels have a winning record of 5-4. With both teams looking to improve their standings, this game could be pivotal in the season's outcome. MLB picks and parlays, MLB expert picks, and best MLB bets today should all be considered when making predictions. The experts at Pick Center give the Angels a 76.4% chance of winning, with the Nationals coming in at 23.6%. The money line consensus pick heavily favors the Angels at -305, while the Nationals are at +240. The over/under for the game is currently set at 8.5, giving bettors some options when looking at MLB picks with spreads. Both teams have some big players to watch out for, including the Nationals' Jeimer Candelario and Mike Trout of the Angels. 

 

Nationals: Pitching Analysis

The Nationals' pitching staff has had a shaky start to the 2023 season, with a team ERA of 5.42 ranking them 25th in the league. However, there are some bright spots to be found. Josiah Gray, acquired in the Max Scherzer trade, has been a solid starter for the Nationals with a 2.91 ERA and 10.15 K/9 in his first three starts. Veteran pitcher Patrick Corbin has struggled with a 7.36 ERA in his first three outings, but the lefty has a track record of success and could still turn things around. In the bullpen, Kyle Finnegan and Mason Thompson have been the most effective relievers, each sporting an ERA under 2.00 in their appearances so far. Overall, the Nationals' pitching staff has the potential to improve, but it will require some adjustments and consistency from the starters and bullpen alike. As for MLB picks and predictions, experts and computer models have been cautious about picking the Nationals so far this season. However, as the team continues to find its footing, there may be value in taking them as underdogs or on the spread in certain games. It will be interesting to see how the Nationals' pitching staff develops over the course of the season and how that impacts their overall performance.

Nationals: Hitting Analysis

The Washington Nationals have had a rocky start to the season, currently sitting at a 3-7 record. However, the Nationals’ hitting lineup has shown signs of promise in their early games, and MLB picks experts and computer models predict that the Nationals may start turning things around soon. One key player to watch on the Nationals’ roster is Jeimer Candelario. Candelario has already hit two home runs this season and has a .195 batting average. He leads the Nationals in home runs and RBIs, making him a crucial part of the team’s offense. Victor Robles has also been a strong contributor to the Nationals’ offense, with a .387 batting average and a .472 on-base percentage. His consistency at the plate has helped the Nationals generate runs and get on base. However, the Nationals’ hitting lineup as a whole has struggled with strikeouts, averaging 6.9 strikeouts per game. This is an area where the team will need to improve if they hope to stay competitive in their division. Overall, MLB today experts and computer models predict that the Nationals’ hitting lineup will improve and become a force to be reckoned with in the coming weeks. As always, it will be interesting to see how the Nationals’ hitters perform on the field and whether they can turn their season around.

 

Angels: Pitching Analysis

The Los Angeles Angels have had an up-and-down start to the 2023 MLB season. Their pitching staff, in particular, has shown inconsistencies that have hurt them in some games. However, with the talent they have on their roster, they are still a team to watch out for. MLB picks experts and MLB picks computer predictions both have the Angels as a team that can compete for a playoff spot. But to do so, their pitching staff will need to improve. The Angels' rotation is headlined by Shohei Ohtani, who is a two-way player that can both pitch and hit. Ohtani has been impressive in his starts, posting a 1-0 record with a 0.75 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 12 innings pitched. He is a favorite for MLB picks and parlay bets today, and is often considered one of the best MLB picks with spreads as well. Behind Ohtani, the Angels have Josiah Gray and Patrick Sandoval in their rotation. Gray has struggled thus far, posting an 0-2 record with a 4.91 ERA. Sandoval has been better, with a 2-0 record and a 2.70 ERA. 

Angels: Hitting Analysis

The Los Angeles Angels have started the 2023 MLB season with five wins and four losses. It’s still too early in the season to make any concrete predictions, but MLB picks experts and computer MLB picks and predictions are leaning towards the Angels being playoff contenders this year. The team has a solid offense, ranking third in the league for runs scored per game with an average of 6.22. They are also top 10 in total bases per game, home runs per game, and RBIs per game. Mike Trout, as always, is a key player for the Angels, leading the team in home runs and RBIs with three and nine, respectively. However, the team also boasts a strong supporting cast, with players like Alex Call and Gio Urshela contributing to the offensive success. The Angels’ hitting success can also be attributed to their discipline at the plate, as they rank fifth in the league in walk percentage and 12th in strikeout percentage. Their ability to get on base and avoid strikeouts is crucial for run production. While the Nationals’ pitching has struggled this season, the Angels will face a tough challenge in Josiah Gray, who boasts a 1-0 record and 4.91 ERA. It will be interesting to see how the Angels’ offense matches up against Gray and the Nationals’ bullpen. Overall, MLB picks and parlay experts are favoring the Angels’ offense in this game

 

Injury Report

Injuries are always a concern for MLB teams and bettors alike, as they can significantly impact a team's performance on the field. Here is the latest injury report for the Nationals vs. Angels matchup on April 11, 2023: For the Washington Nationals, outfielder Corey Dickerson is currently on the 10-day injured list as of April 6, while relief pitcher Sean Doolittle is out indefinitely. Second baseman Luis Garcia is listed as day-to-day and his status for the game is uncertain. As for the Los Angeles Angels, right fielder Ryan Aguilar is out due to injury as of April 9, while starting pitcher Ky Bush and shortstop Werner Blakely are day-to-day and their availability for the game is uncertain. It's important to keep up with the injury report before placing any MLB picks or making any MLB predictions. Injuries can impact a team's lineup and potential strategies, which can in turn affect the outcome of the game. Bettors should stay updated on any changes to the injury status of players on both teams.

Player Team Position Injury Status
Corey Dickerson Washington Nationals LF 10-day IL
Sean Doolittle Washington Nationals RP Out
Luis Garcia Washington Nationals 2B day-to-day
Ryan Aguilar Los Angeles Angels RF out
Ky Bush Los Angeles Angels SP day-to-day
Werner Blakely Los Angeles Angels  

 

Prediction

Based on the previous information, the Los Angeles Angels have a great chance to win and cover the -1.5 run line. Firstly, the Angels are the clear favorite according to ESPN Analytics, with a 76.4% chance of winning. Additionally, Shohei Ohtani, who is starting for the Angels, has been in great form, having not allowed a single run in his 12 innings pitched so far this season. On the other hand, the Nationals' starting pitcher, Josiah Gray, has struggled, with an 0-2 record and a 4.91 ERA. Furthermore, the Angels have a better batting average and have hit more home runs than the Nationals this season. Finally, the Nationals have a losing record on the road, having won only two out of four games away from home, while the Angels have a positive record at home, having won one out of two games. All these factors suggest that the Angels have a strong chance of winning and covering the -1.5 run line against the Nationals.

 

Pick: Angels -1.5

Upgrade to View Prediction
Winnings $76,800
last 30 days winnings $43,200
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport MLB
W-L-D 1115 - 957 - 72
Winnings % 51%
Winnings $41,830
last 30 days winnings $31,050
Yesterday winnings $0
Top Sport NBA
W-L-D 239 - 170 - 8
Winnings % 56%